- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 3/4 kg Chicken Pieces
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Yogurt (curd)
- 3 sliced onion
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Green Chilli Paste
- 1/2 cup Tomato Puree
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Roasted cumin powder
- 2 tspGaram Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- Saffron a pinch
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tbsp Green Coriander Leaves
- 7 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
- Mix tomato puree, yogurt, ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, roasted cumin powder, garam masala, coriander powder and salt. Stir well.
- Marinate the chicken with this mixture and keep aside for 3-4 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the onions until golden brown.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of water to the rice. Mix saffron in milk and add to it.
- Add cardamom powder. Add the chicken pieces.
- Pressure cook the rice. Mix gently.
- Garnish with green coriander leaves and serve hot.