- 1/4 cup long grain white Rice (Chawal)
- 2 tblsp Vegetable oil (Vanaspati)
- 1 small chopped finely Onion (Pyaj)
- 2 chopped finely Garlic Cloves (Lasun)
- 2 seeded and cut into slivers Red chili (LalMirchi)
- 225 gms chopped finely Chicken breast meat
- 85 gms chopped or cut into matchstick strips Bamboo Shoots
- 8 dried, soaked for 30 minutes, drained and chopped Chinese Black Mushrooms (Goochi)
- 2 tblsp dried Shrimps
- 1 tblsp Fish Sauce
- 25 Thai Holy Basil Leaves (Tulsi)
- Thai Holy Basil Sprig to garnish
- As required Salt (Namak)
Directions to make chicken mushroom rice :
Heat oil in a wok.
Combine onion and garlic.
Cook till golden.
Combine chilies and chicken.
Fry stirring for 2 minutes.
Stir in bamboo shoots, mushrooms, dried shrimps, fish sauce and salt.
Stir continously 2 minutes.
Combine in the rice and basil.
Garnish with basil sprig.